The Salty Dog Cocktail
- 60ml Gin (london dry works best)
- 120ml Ruby Grapefruit juice
- 1 cup ice
- a life of plenty dehydrated ruby grapefruit
- Spread salt on a plate, run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and then dip into the salt.
- Add gin and ruby grapefruit to a cocktail mixer and shake.
- Strain into glass.
- Garnish with dehydrated ruby grapefruit and serve.
- top up with soda water for a lighter drink
- serve on the rocks instead of shaking with ice
- although the salt will balance out sourness of the grapefruit, you can add a dash of simple syrup to bring a little sweetness in